Before I get started, here's a photo of me with the extensions in -
The first thing I noticed when I took these extensions out of the packaging is just how soft and shiny they are. They felt exactly like my own hair, which of course is amazing if you're trying to match up your real hair to the extensions. You get ten wefts with a different number of clips on each weft. There are 2 three clip wefts, 2 four clip wefts, 4 two clip wefts (at different sizes) and 2 one clip wefts.
All the wefts. I didn't dye the 1 clip wefts as I wouldn't use them.
The first thing I had to conquer with these extensions is dying them. If you are planning on getting extensions and want to dye them with La Riche Directions hair dye, I would definitely recommend getting a bleach blonde set as the colour sticks so much better with bleach.
Here is the colour of the extensions when I first received them.
Here is how I dyed my extensions -
- Get a piece of foil that is larger than the weft you're going to dye.
- Lay the weft on the foil and spray with water to saturate the hair.
- Apply the hair dye with a brush and make sure everything is covered.
- Turn them over and brush the dye on the other side.
- Make sure to get under the clips too!
- I then laid the weft in the foil in the bath.
- Repeat with the rest of the extensions.
- Leave them to for around 15-45 minutes.
- Wash them with a mild shampoo & conditioner.
- Hang them up to dry! Viola!
They took the dye brilliantly and match my hair almost perfectly. Yay!
Once your extensions are dry you can then straighten them, curl them etc, but take extra care when you do just to be on the safe side. It's then time to clip them into your hair! I like to backcomb the roots when I'm going to apply the extensions so that the clips have a little bit extra to grab onto.
Here is the order I apply them to the hair -
- Back of the head from bottom to top - 3 clip, 4clip, 4 clip, 3 clip.
- Side of the head - all four of the 2 clips.
I didn't dye the one clip extensions because there just wasn't anywhere to fit them in my hair without them being noticeable.
You get a LOT of hair in these Ultimate sets. 190 grams in the 18" version to be exact. Obviously it will be heavier for longer sets. It's a lot of hair and takes a bit of getting used to, but they feel secure and eventually feel like your own hair. They didn't itch neither which is amazing!
What else can I say about these extensions? I love them. They do everything I want them to do. They feel exactly how I want them to feel and they look how I want them to look! Perfection!
Before and after.
The Ultimate sets are available in a range of colours and lengths and range from £84.99 - £109.99 depending on length. You can get them from here - lushhairextensions.co.uk